Slight Band History:
The Cinematic Orchestra was created in 1999 by Jason Swinscoe, other than him the Band members are former DJ Food member PC (Patrick Carpenter) on turntables, Luke Flowers (drums), Tom Chant (Saxophone), Nick Ramm ( piano), Stuart McCallum ( guitar) and Phil France (double bass). Swinscoe and Carpenter”PC” have also been in a band called Neptune. Swinscoe first had a band called Crabladder while he was studying Fine Art at Cardiff College in 1990. Also being a DJ on Heart FM a radio station in south london.
Genre: Nu jazz, Downtempo, Acid Jazz, electronica, fusion of jazz and hardcore punk elements.
Activity: 1999 – still going
Name Origin: N/A for now.
- Motion (1999)
- Every Day (2002)
- Ma Fleur (2007)
- Remixes 98-2000 (2000)
- Man with a Movie Camera (2003)
- Live at Royal Albert Hall (2008)
- The Crimson Wing: Mystery of the Flamingos OST (2009)
- Late Night Tales: The Cinematic Orchestra (2010)
- The Cinematic Orchestra presents in Motion #1 (2012)
Fun Facts About The Band:
1. The were ask to performed at the Director’s Guild Awards ceremony for the Achievement Award to film director Stanley Kubrick.
3. They have songs appeared in movies like: Trinidad, The Tree, Polytechnique(film), Step Up Revolution also in tv series like: jPod, Friday Night Lights, Grey’s Anatomy, One Tree Hill, Criminal Minds, Packed to the Rafters, Ugly Betty, On Thin Ice, Suits, Top Gear, Teen Wolf, So You Think You Can Dance and many, many more.
4. The Song “Channel 1 Suite
” was used in a trailer for the TV series Lost.
5. The songs “The Man With a Moving Camera” and “The Awakening Of A Woman” the names of those songs are based on the movie ” Man With a Moving Camera
” directed by russian Dziga Vertov.
A Little Taste Of It:
This is a new section I’m gonna be adding now and to my old post, In here I’ll pick one song from the band I’m talking about for you guys to hear, It could be my favorite from them, the first I heard from them, a cover from them, Their most popular and so on. I’ll always state which ever reason on top of the video: Reason for this pick: First one I heard from them.
I found this band recently not even a week a go. They were in my suggest list on Spotify for listening to “Múm” a band that I’ll one week of these talk about. I’ve been listening to The Cinematic Orchestra while looking for info of them and i have to say I’ve enjoyed them a lot, is a very peaceful instrumental jazzy tune they play. It’s great for working or thinking music and even to relax a bit. I have yet to skip a song so that’s a good sign. All i have to say is that if you enjoy movie scores and sometimes want a more soothing tone give this band a shot, you’ll be surprise how fast most of their 10 minute songs go by.
If you find this band interesting and want to see more check them
If you think I’ve missed something, disagree, agree or wanna add anything, comment!